This is a place where quilters discuss books they are reading and share quilts they make based on those books.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Applique finished


I have finally finished the applique on this piece.  Now, all I have to do is quilt it and bind it and I have a small quilt that depicts my interpretation of the book.  I love the idea of the mythical Phoenix rising from the ashes, good growing out of bad.  That is what I wanted to show with this quilt.  The death of one person leads to a new direction for two people.  I like that idea very much.
I hope the rest of you are enjoying working on your quilts.

6 comments:

  1. I love it. It is beautiful. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful interpretation! Who knew Marc was such a rascal. I'm still reading the Lover's Knot that I checked out of the library; I hope to finish it by mid-week so I won't have to renew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great small quilt - and lovely applique. Please consider sharing it on Applique Thursday.

    Love the colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the applique design and the book sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

We are always happy to read your comments. Please make sure we have a way to respond to you.