This is a place where quilters discuss books they are reading and share quilts they make based on those books.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Introducing Kalarahi Quilts

Hello, I just wanted to do a quick introduction of myself. 
My name is Tonya and I blog over at Hillbilly Handiworks. 
(Well I actually have 4 blogs. One other that might interest you is my book review blog. You can find all four of my blogs under my profile or on the Hillbilly Blog.)

I read The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency straight through on New Years Eve. Finished around 1 am New Years Day. I immediately formed a photo in my mind about what I wanted to make for my challenge quilt, but I cannot draw. So I started googling 'giraffes'and 'acacia trees'. I had in my mind this bargello background with a giraffe eating leaves off a tree. Good grief, you are not going to believe what I found:

That pretty much shot down my idea. But I am so glad that I found this quilt. 
I have written all about Kalarahi Quilts, the only quilt shop in Batswana,  on my blog today.
You can find the post Right Here. There are LOTS of Batswana quilt photos. 
Something just might inspire you for your challenge quilt. 

In the meantime..I have to work on my new, non bargello, non giraffe idea.

Tonya

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link Tonya! I have to admit -I am stumped on this book. There are a couple of teeny-tiny ideas swirling in my brain but they wil have to wait until my quilt show projects are finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your inspiration, Tonya. I have some fabrics pulled, and a couple of ideas. Now, I think I am about ready to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I too read that book really quickly a few years ago...fun, huh!
    Doesn't it sometimes seem that there's nothing new under the sun-two quilters with the same vision? go know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt, thanks for the link to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first visit, I really like the pieced "books"on your header. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindo seu blog...
    abraço
    Venha me visitar
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belo trabalho. De pouco espiar o teu blog, confesso que são lindos .
    Bjs...Mari Bein

    ReplyDelete
  8. شركة تنظيف سجاد بالاحساء 0578074829 الجوهرة كلين
    شركة تنظيف سجاد بالاحساء
    السجاد واحداً من أهم المفروشات التي لابد من تواجدها في أي مكان خصيصاً في المنازل لأنها تغطي مساحات واسعة من الأرضيات وفي نفس الوقت شكلها أنيق جداً، ولكن عند تنظيفها لابد من أن يتم إتباع طرق صحيحة لتنظيفها، ووجدنا أن عدد من ربات البيوت يقومون بشراء المستحضرات والمنظفات المتداول بيعها في الأسواق لأن الكثير من التجارب أثبتت فشل هذه المستحضرات وتأثيرها السلبي على السجاد، لذلك الحل الأمثل في هذه الحالة هو الاعتماد على شركة تنظيف سجاد بالاحساء لأن الشركة توفر طاقم عمل كبير متخصص في التعامل مع كافة أنواع السجاد لذلك بادروا الآن للتواصل معنا عبر أرقام الشركة المتميزة.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cảm ơn bạn đã chia sẻ bài viết
    Tôi là Food Blog tôi có nhiều sở thích. Tôi thích đi du lịch và đọc sách. Nhưng sở thích yêu thích của tôi là nấu ăn. Hãy để tôi nói cho bạn biết lý do tại sao! Đầu tiên, tôi sẽ cho bạn biết một chút về lý do tại sao tôi bắt đầu nấu ăn. Thứ hai, tôi sẽ cung cấp cho bạn một số thông tin về những gì tôi thích nấu. Thứ ba, tôi sẽ nói cách tôi sử dụng food near me để nấu ăn.

    Khi tôi bắt đầu nấu ăn, tôi 10 tuổi. Mẹ tôi muốn tôi trở thành một đầu bếp. Bà luôn tin rằng con gái phải làm nhiều loại thức ăn khác nhau, vì một ngày nào đó họ sẽ kết hôn. con gái không nấu ăn là chuyện bình thường. Tôi thấy mình may mắn vì nấu được nhiều món. Bây giờ tôi nấu một số món ăn mà các con tôi và chồng tôi yêu thích, tôi trở nên hạnh phúc và tự hào về mẹ và bản thân tôi. Hãy ghé thăm blog của tôi I am a food blog

    ReplyDelete

We are always happy to read your comments. Please make sure we have a way to respond to you.