This is a place where quilters discuss books they are reading and share quilts they make based on those books.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hi! My name is Snoodles!

Well, actually my name is Jacque.....but all my blogging followers know me as Snoodles, over at Lilypadquilting. We have a lot of fun over there, and hope to join in the fun here, too!

Thank you, Miki, for organizing this little clambake! I think we are going to have a blast!

Miki had suggested that we all chime in and introduce ourselves, so that is what I'm here to do. I am 53, still working full time and scrambling to find time to quilt. Quilting is how I center myself, and focus on what is good and right in my life. Yes, you could call it my therapy. I am a mother of three (yay!) and grandmother of none (whimper) but I am hopeful! We live in a very rural area in the foothills of South Carolina --- wait a minute, you say....I didn't know that South Carolina even HAD any mountains!! Yeppers, we do! When people come to our house, they sometimes say that we live on the edge of the earth (LOL, our driveway alone is about a quarter of a mile!) but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Just take a peek out my bedroom window:



Then out my front door:



Then looking out from my screen porch:



Yep, we are spoiled . . . I like to spend my time in my sewing area working on mugrugs, quilts, tablerunners, and more . . . I hand-quilt my projects. Here are some examples:






And, if you check my Pets on Quilts blog post, you will see that I have a wonderful helper, my studio cat, Moses!

I can't wait to hear more about the other members of the group! Sit down and grab a cup of your favorite beverage, and tell us a little about YOU!!

Thanks, Miki, for putting up with my silliness!! I'm looking forward to reading the book, discussing it with everyone, and then seeing all of our quilts!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You sure live in a beautiful place. I am so glad you joined the group. Thanks for letting us get to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacque. Love your photos!! We get to SC every once in a while as my in-laws retired near Augusta, GA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your view and your quilts are just gorgeous !! We like to go to Tennessee and North Carolina ; have not been to South Carolina !! It looks GREAT !!

    ReplyDelete

We are always happy to read your comments. Please make sure we have a way to respond to you.