This is a place where quilters discuss books they are reading and share quilts they make based on those books.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Welcome to Quilters, Books and Bindings


I am Miki Willa, and I am very excited about this new quilting group.  We will be reading and sharing books we love.  Then, we will be creating quilts reflecting our impressions of some aspect of the story.  Our timeline will be about three months per book to start.  We may adjust that as we go along.  We would love to have you come and join us if you are a quilter and a reader.  Just leave a comment and I will get in touch with you.
I have been quilting for about two years in my current incarnation quilting life.  I quilted about thirty years ago, then stopped for a very long time.  I thought I would be a strictly traditional quilter when I started again, but I find myself drawn to all kinds of quilting now.  I have made traditional quilts, modern quilts, art quilts, and I enjoy piecing, applique, and what I call the "what if I tried this" method of quilting.
I love reading, as well, and I am looking forward to the challenge of creating a quilt based on what I am reading.
Our first book is The Lover's Knot by Clare O'Donohue.  I can't wait to get started.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Miki! I'm so glad to see this starting up...I will post about it on my blog soon, and hope to post an introduction here asap. Thanks for organizing this - my book is on its way to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miki! Now that I have time, I will do a post - this is such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete

We are always happy to read your comments. Please make sure we have a way to respond to you.