This is a place where quilters discuss books they are reading and share quilts they make based on those books.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

I've got it, finally

I was so excited to find the book in my mailbox today.  I have read the first three chapters, and I am enjoying getting to know the characters.  So far, I find Eleanor to be the kind of grandmother I can relate to.  I have hopes that Nell will develop into an interesting protagonist. 
O'Donohue's writing style is very straight forward.  She describes the settings in a no-nonsense way.  It is when she describes the quilts that I think her descriptive writing shines so far.  I have a feeling this will be a fairly quick read for me.  Then I can start designing the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are always happy to read your comments. Please make sure we have a way to respond to you.